Toyota Safety Sense Technology in New Castle, DE
When you’re weighing your options for a new vehicle, there are myriad aspects to keep in mind. Depending on your preferences, your top priority could be anything from performance to entertainment. However, the majority of motorists agree that when it comes to safety, nothing is more important. Therefore, fans of Toyota will be excited to hear more about the features that encompass Toyota Safety Sense™1 technology! To learn more about these systems, stop by our showroom at .
What is Toyota Safety Sense™?
Before we dive into the specifics, we wanted to take a moment to explain what Toyota Safety Sense™1 (TSS) even is. Essentially, this suite of driver-assist features includes some crucial advancements to help you and your loved ones enjoy greater peace of mind whenever you’re behind the wheel. What makes TSS stand out from other safety packages is the fact that it’s included as standard in many , from sedans to SUVS. That way, regardless of your preferred body style, you’ll still be able to enjoy its benefits. Furthermore, by including these systems as standard, you aren’t forced to spend more just be protected from harm.
To help explain some of the advancements included in TSS, we’ll break them down into two categories. Staying aware of your surroundings can mean the difference between a near-miss and a full-on collision. Thankfully, your TSS-equipped Toyota will come with Automatic High Beams2. In addition to supplying improved illumination, these lights also switch to low-beam mode when an approaching vehicle is detected, so you don’t impair their vision. For even greater assurance on the road, the Pre-Collision System3 with Pedestrian Detection4 is at your disposal to warn you of any potential frontal impacts. If you don’t react in time, this feature can supply stopping force on its own to slow you down.
Improving Highway Travel
Even when you’re just cruising down the open road, you’ll still need a few preventative innovations working to keep you safe. Just about every driver has experienced a momentary loss of focus, causing them to possibly drift from their path of travel into another. To prevent this from causing an accident with another vehicle, TSS comes with Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist5. Not only will you hear a warning that you’re deviating from your lane, but this system can even guide you back to safety. And speaking of traveling in a straight path, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control6 is prepared to keep you at preset speed and following distance, even if the flow of traffic isn’t consistent.
We hope that this explanation of Toyota Safety Sense technology in New Castle, DE, has been helpful! You’ll be hard-pressed to find another company that does more to offer this many standard safety features, so reach out to Price Toyota if you have any questions. We’re open !
|Monday||9:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Sunday||11:00 am - 4:00 pm|
1. Drivers are responsible for their own safe driving. Always pay attention to your surroundings and drive safely. System effectiveness is dependent on many factors including road, weather, and vehicle conditions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
2. Automatic High Beams operates at speeds above 25 mph. Situations such as a dirty windshield, variable weather, lighting conditions and hilly terrain will limit effectiveness, requiring the driver to manually turn off. See Owner's Manual for details.
3. The Pre-Collision System is designed to help reduce the crash speed and damage in certain frontal collisions only. It is not a collision-avoidance system and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, driver input and road conditions. See your Owner’s Manual for further information.
4. The Pedestrian Detection System is designed to detect the presence of a pedestrian ahead of the vehicle, to determine if impact with the pedestrian is imminent and to help reduce impact speed. It is not a collision-avoidance system and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, size and position of pedestrians, driver input and weather, light and road conditions. Please see your Owner's Manual for further information.
5. Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist is designed to read visible lane markers under certain conditions. It provides a visual and audible alert and slight steering force when lane departure is detected. It is not a collision-avoidance system or substitute for safe and attentive driving. Effectiveness is dependent on many factors including road, weather and vehicle conditions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
6. Dynamic Radar Cruise Control is designed to assist the driver and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving practices. Please see your Owner’s Manual for important instructions and cautions.